Vinod Sharma – A blue ocean thinker and financial technologist based in Bangkok, Thailand. Skillfully balances a career in technology domain with 22 years of experience in total, a passion for Physics and an avocation in Photography.
Proficient and still on to achieve expertise in Software Engineering, data crunching with advanced analytics, platform engineering, cloud services. Works as Chief Technology Officer in of one the Blockchain startup company of CP Group (Ascend Bit Company) previously worked with True Money, it’s the largest financial technology services company and the first FinTech Unicorn in Thailand, owned by CP group.
I am a Deep Learning (AI) enthusiast and an independent researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence. I have worked in the payments domain for merchants, P2P, traditional payments, cross border remittances, e-commerce payments, customer profile scoring & transaction monitoring and mobile financial services (MFS). Now working on amalgamating artificial intelligence, Blockchain and Data Science with FinTech to drive true benefits for business.
I am trying to bring Physics, AI (ML & Data science) and Blockchain’s benefits to the real world to help consumers & businesses as it can solve almost every single difficulty in today’s world. I started my career in IT later moved into Telecoms and then finally migrated to Financial Technology Services. I have provided my insights and product knowledge to various initiatives across four continents. In the past, helped the founding and set-up of several start-up business units & departmentI have deep interest in space science, photography, learning methodologies for brain & memory training, Neuroscience, and cutting-edge technologies.
I have had led start-ups & new business units successfully at local and international levels with hands-on engineering & business strategy. Brought forward creative ideas with info-security, privacy and agile environment with first preference. Strategies with C-Level co-workers. Coach, manage and develop engineering teams. Develop new disaster recovery and business continuity plans on a continuous basis.
Has extensive experience at sr. management level in solution designing & architecture, planning, technical operations, software development, combining computer science with artificial intelligence and visual & practical product design, operating strategy to maintains high standards & executive decision-making. My experience mixed with domains like telecom, information technology, FinTech, on-demand value-added services for over 19 years in total.
Throughout my career, I have mentored & supervised several projects on software development, deployments & integrations of platforms like micro-insurance/loans, savings, payment gateway, NFC payments, electronic payments, Blockchain, AI-driven analytics. Specialised in traditional & mobile payments, e-commerce, machine learning-based products, payment intelligence, marketing, and stored value applications & cards.
Projects Completed (Solution Designing & Architecture and Deployments)
- Led the idea for customer profile scoring and financial transaction tracking system (Eagle) and brought to life from white board. In order to be developed once and used by all 5 true money operations.
- Led the idea for international remittance system (Orbit) in order to be developed once and used by all 5 true money operations. Brought to life from white board
- Led the idea for Merchant Management System (MMS) in order to be developed once and used by all 5 true money operation. Brought to life from white board
- Co – Created foundation for CP vision of having blockchain based assets and system. Brought to life from white board
- Implement common Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) infrastructure for CPG
- 14 Mobile Financials Services projects deployed in different countries.
- Mentored team throughout for designing, developing and implementing Payment Gateway.
- AI, ML and Data Science for FinTech domain (Ask for details)
- International & Domestic Remittance Services on Mobile (Cash, Goods, and Payments)
- Subscriber spending, credit rating and their interaction with money.
- MasterCard Debit Card (International) linked with Mobile Money Wallet
- Electronic Recharge, Charging Proxies and OCS (IN) in Prepaid environment
- Data Centre Design & Implementation for banks and MNOs.
- Deployment & Operationalising Core Banking Systems (T-24) & Switches
Subject Matter Expertise / Core Skills
- Financial Services Product Designing & Implementation on mobile and non-mobile environment.
- Building cross border remittances, banking grade switches, and payment gateway platforms to deliver services via mobile & internet with innovation.
- Engineering strategy focused on technology brands in the area FinTech with data science, machine learning, deep learning and artificial neural networks at the backend.
- Lead other SME during complex HLD/LLD design activities
- Lead engineering /solution design, architecture, intelligence and capacity planning teams.
- Project Planning (CAPEX & OPEX), Program Management and Product Development.
- IT, AI, ML & Business Strategies for the cloud, standalone data-centers and centralise solutions environments
- Drive Technical Project/Program Management, Software development, and L3 Operations & maintenance teams.
- Hands-on decades of experience on Billing and Charging on CVBS, IN & OCS platform as solution designer & architect.
- E2E Performance Optimisation for Core, 2G, 3G, 4G, Mobile Data & VAS platforms.
Project details like name, locations, values and startups names are available on request after mentioning specific reasons. Vinod holds one bachelor’s degree in commerce (3 years full-time from Delhi University 1993 -1996) and another bachelor’s degree in computer applications (3 years part-time 1997 – 2001). He also has a master’s degree in computer applications from IGNOU (2.5 years part-time 2001-2003). He has completed a few professional certifications like CCNA, MCP, CCNP, MCSE, ITIL v3, Prince2 and PMP and a self-certified Chief Data Scientist.
Every technologist should have an open eye and an accepting attitude for all emerging technologies at a foundation/base level to create and deliver value for societies, communities and the industries. As a tech person, it is of paramount importance to understand the business in order to innovate and continuously build mutually beneficial products. Technologists should make complex things simple and simple things simpler. FinTech companies should have a goal for “Creating high tech financial services to be used by a common man, who knows how to sell anything on the street” – Simplicity is key.
As a modern-day tech professional, it is important to understand the clear differences & complete life cycle of all emerging technologies i.e. technologies which are meant for research, talk shows, demonstration and for practical use in business to make day to day work output faster, better and cheaper – Efficiency is the new revenue stream. Quality never shouts, your customers speak for it.
Committed to continuous lifelong learning. There is only one goal for me; create values for societies, communities & industry by innovating and building mutually beneficial products, businesses, and the World.
My Mom taught me ” The more the humility, the more the success. The more the pride, the more the fiasco”. Thus I am trying to be humble , easy and low.