Vinod Sharma – A Blue ocean thinker and a financial technologist (FinTech) based in Bangkok Thailand. Works as Chief Technology Officer in of one the largest financial technology services company owned by Thailand’s largest private company and one of the world’s largest conglomerates. Vinod is a Deep Learning (AI) enthusiast and an independent researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence. He has worked in the payments domain for merchants, P2P, traditional payments, cross border remittances, e-commerce payments and mobile financial services (MFS). Now working on amalgamating artificial intelligence & Data Science with FinTech to drive true benefits for business.
Vinod Sharma is trying to bring AI benefits to the real world to help consumers & businesses as it can solve every single major difficulty in today’s world. He started his career in IT later moved into Telecoms and then finally migrated to Financial Technology Services. He has provided his insights and product knowledge to various initiatives across four continents. In the past, he helped the founding and set-up of several start-up business units & department.
Vinod Sharma had led start-ups & new business units successfully at local and international levels with hands-on engineering & business strategy. He brought forward creative ideas with info-security, privacy and agile environment with first preference. Strategies with C-Level co-workers. Coach, manage and develop engineering teams. Develop new disaster recovery and business continuity plans on a continuous basis.
Has extensive experience at sr. management level in solution designing & architecture, planning, technical operations, software development, combining computer science with artificial intelligence and visual & practical product design, operating strategy to maintains high standards & executive decision-making. His experience mixed with domains like telecom, information technology, FinTech, on-demand value-added services for over 19 years in total.
Throughout his career, Vinod has mentored & supervised several projects on software development, deployments & integrations of platforms like micro-insurance/loans, savings, payment gateway, NFC payments, electronic payments, AI-driven analytics. Specialised in traditional & mobile payments, e-commerce, machine learning-based products, payment intelligence, marketing, and stored value applications & cards.
Projects Completed (Solution Designing & Architecture and Deployments)
- 12 Mobile Financials Services projects deployed in different countries.
- Mentored team throughout for designing, developing and implementing Payment Gateway.
- AI, ML and Data Science for FinTech domain (Ask for details)
- International & Domestic Remittance Services on Mobile (Cash, Goods, and Payments)
- Subscriber spending, credit rating and their interaction with money.
- MasterCard Debit Card (International) linked with Mobile Money Wallet
- Engineering strategy focused on technology brands in the area FinTech with data science, machine learning, deep learning and artificial neural networks at the backend.
- Electronic Recharge, Charging Proxies and OCS (IN) in Prepaid environment
- Data Centre Design & Implementation for banks and MNOs.
- Deployment & Operationalising Core Banking Systems (T-24) & Switches
Subject Matter Expertise / Core Skills
- Financial Services Product Designing & Implementation on mobile and non-mobile environment.
- Building cross border remittances, banking grade switches, and payment gateway platforms to deliver services via mobile & internet with innovation.
- Lead other SME during complex HLD/LLD design activities
- Lead engineering /solution design, architecture, intelligence and capacity planning teams.
- Project Planning (CAPEX & OPEX), Program Management and Product Development.
- IT, AI, ML & Business Strategies for the cloud, standalone data-centers and centralise solutions environments
- Drive Technical Project/Program Management, Software development, and L3 Operations & maintenance teams.
- Hands-on decades of experience on Billing and Charging on CVBS, IN & OCS platform as solution designer & architect.
- E2E Performance Optimisation for Core, 2G, 3G, 4G, Mobile Data & VAS platforms.
Project details like name, locations, values and startups names are available on request after mentioning specific reasons. Vinod holds one bachelor’s degree in commerce (3 years full-time from Delhi University 1993 -1996) and another bachelor’s degree in computer applications (3 years part-time 1997 – 2001). He also has a master’s degree in computer applications from IGNOU (2.5 years part-time 2001-2003). He has completed a few professional certifications like CCNA, MCP, CCNP, MCSE, ITILv3, Prince2 and PMP and a self-certified Chief Data Scientist.
Every technologist should have an open eye and an accepting attitude for all emerging technologies at a foundation/base level to create and deliver value for societies, communities and the industries. As a tech person, it is of paramount importance to understand the business in order to innovate and continuously build mutually beneficial products. Technologists should make complex things simple and simple things simpler. FinTech companies should have a goal for “Creating high tech financial services to be used by a common man, who knows how to sell anything on the street” – Simplicity is key.
As a modern-day tech professional, it is important to understand the clear differences & complete life cycle of all emerging technologies i.e. technologies which are meant for research, talk shows, demonstration and for practical use in business to make day to day work output faster, better and cheaper – Efficiency is the new revenue stream. Quality never shouts, your customers speak for it.
There is only one goal for him; create values for societies, communities & industry by innovating and building mutually beneficial products, businesses, and the World.
My Mom taught me ” The more the humility, the more the success. The more the pride, the more the fiasco”. Trying to be humble , easy and low.