Physics -It offers sufficient aptitude to cover all possible applications in one’s lifetime. It is good for everyone to acquire some basic knowledge pertaining to physics. It renders further exploration in the realm of superfluous conjecture unless one is a seasoned practitioner within the field of physics. The intellectual capacity of physicists is not inherently superior to that of people in other fields.
Their proficiency in the field of physics is highly commendable. They do not necessarily possess any exceptional understanding regarding the significance of their own existence or that of others. This is Part 2 of our 40-part story.
Physics – Few Facts List
Amazing facts about the universe under physics eyes If everyone in the world stood in one place really close together, with no empty spaces in between, we would all fit inside a tiny sugar cube. The total weight of this setup is around 5 billion tons because the thickness has been increased by pressing it. Most of what we see as solid is actually not there at all.
In fact, almost everything is just made up of empty space. If we squished all the parts that make us up really tightly, we could fit all 7 billion people in a space as small as a sugar cube.
- The presence of symmetries gives rise to the conservation of physical quantities.
- One illustrative example can be found in the emergence of the principle of the conservation of energy, which is derived from the temporal constancy of physical laws.
- Similarly, the principle of the conservation of electric charge can be attributed to the invariance of the underlying theory under complex phase rotation.
- The principle of relativity dictates that the fundamental principles governing the behaviour of physical phenomena remain consistent across diverse observers
- who are in uniform motion with respect to one another. The concept pertaining to the constancy of the speed of light was initially proposed by Galileo, and its refinement led to the foundation of relativity, which was achieved by Einstein.
- The latter achieved this by setting the speed of light as an invariant quantity.
- The space beyond Earth’s atmosphere is characterized by a palpable absence of sound, commonly referred to as silence.
- The environment possessed an eerie and unsettling absence of audible sounds.
- This phenomenon is attributable to the requirement of a medium for the transmission of sound waves. Space is defined as a vacuum.
- A desolate and noiseless void.
- The concept of matter is characterized by the presence of distinct particles that interact in a non-localized manner and adhere to the principles of quantum mechanics.
- This indicates that matter is not a homogeneous continuum but rather a composition of discrete entities.
- Photons are particles of light that have zero mass and have been observed to exhibit behavior that is inconsistent with the depiction outlined by Maxwell’s theory.
- A limited number of fundamental interactions embody the entirety of the physics that is observable in our immediate surroundings.
- Frequently, a rudimentary comprehension of them may be achieved through a rudimentary interpretation of pictorial representations in Feynman diagrams.
- The standard model of particle physics delineates fundamental components and dynamics in terms of a limited set of particles and their interactions.
- Newton’s laws assert that the kinematics of particles can be correlated to the forces exerted upon them.
- A planetary day on Venus has a duration of 224 Earth days.
- According to scientific observations, the duration of a day on Venus is equivalent to 243 Earth days.
- The orbital period of Venus around the Sun is shorter than the time it takes for the planet to complete a single rotation on its own axis, resulting in a day on Venus lasting longer than its year.
- Moreover, it is noteworthy to highlight that Venus uniquely exhibits retrograde rotation in comparison to all other celestial bodies within our solar system.
- The theory of electromagnetism, particularly Maxwell’s equations and the advancements in the fields of electrodynamics and optics, have significantly transformed technology by illuminating the nature of light as an electromagnetic wave.
- The rules of physics are the same for people moving at the same speed.
- Galileo came up with this idea a long time ago, and Einstein made it even better by making the speed of light always stay the same, no matter what.
- Two people named Galileo and Einstein lived during different time periods
- The solar system consists predominantly of the sun, which represents an astounding 99.86% of its overall mass.
- The magnitude of this object is substantial, as evidenced by its potential to house 1.3 million Earths within it through compression.
- The concept of time exhibits a level of relativity and does not maintain a universal nature.
- The theories of special and general relativity offer a comprehensive account of space-time, positing that its characteristics are influenced by the presence of energy and matter.
- In the realm of quantum mechanics, it is a common observation that quantum systems do not manifest themselves in a state of particular certainty.
- Instead, they are characterized by a pervasive inclination toward navigating across a broad range of feasible states and trajectories with a degree of probability that, while modest, is nevertheless viable and not negligible.
- In contrast to the conventional notion of probability, which serves as a mere expedient portrayal of disorderly occurrences, the quantum realm, in its essence, is non-deterministic, where chance is integral to its physics.
- Renormalization techniques facilitate comprehending and rectifying perplexing calculations that arise within the realm of quantum and statistical field theories.
- This elucidates the phenomenon through which disparate small-scale constituents may coalesce into a homogeneous and substantial entity, exhibiting comparable actions and characteristics. This holds significant importance within the realm of science.
- The conduct of macroscopic systems, which are subjected to disorderly microscopic dynamics, seems to be relatively uncomplicated in nature, seeing as they are regulated by a restricted assortment of continuous fields or parameters.
- The application of statistical mechanics methodologies in probabilistic systems is capable of yielding insightful knowledge pertaining to the overall and characteristic workings of complex multi-particle systems.
All above points are results of research from books and internet and all credit belongs to the great researchers and scientists.
Conclusion – The study of theoretical physics and physics is of utmost importance and necessity for several reasons. Firstly, it provides us with a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles that govern the universe, allowing us to unravel the mysteries of nature. Secondly, theoretical physics lays the groundwork for technological advancements that drive innovation and shape modern society. Moreover, it fosters critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a broader perspective on the world around us. By delving into the complexities of physics, we gain insights that can lead to breakthroughs in various fields, paving the way for progress and enlightenment.
Feedback & Further Questions
Do you have any burning questions about Big Data, “AI & ML“, Blockchain, FinTech,Theoretical PhysicsPhotography or Fujifilm(SLRs or Lenses)? Please feel free to ask your question either by leaving a comment or by sending me an email. I will do my best to quench your curiosity.
Point to Note:
All of my inspiration and sources come directly from the original works, and I make sure to give them complete credit. I am far from being knowledgeable in physics, and I am not even remotely close to being an expert or specialist in the field. I am a learner in the realm of theoretical physics.
Books & Other Material referred
- AILabPage (group of self-taught engineers/learners) members’ hands-on field work is being written here.
- Referred online materiel, live conferences and books (if available)
============================ About the Author =======================
Read about Author at : About Me
Thank you all, for spending your time reading this post. Please share your opinion/comments/critics/agreements or disagreements. Remark for more details about posts, subjects and relevance please read the disclaimer.